Character & Leadership Development
Education & Career Development
Sports, Fitness, & Recreation
Health & LIfe Skills
Full STEM Ahead
STEM programming for Latina girls to improve their access and understanding of education and career opportunities in STEM related fields - Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- Boys & Girls Club members ages 6 to 18
Major Program Components
- Career exploration: Expose Latina youth to varied career paths they would not learn at home or in school
- College readiness: Tour college campuses in and outside San Antonio
- Enhanced math and science tutoring: Devote specific tutoring hours to math and science beyond homework completion
- Parent Engagement: Engage parents with career opportunities to offset gender bias around Latina career choices
- STEM curriculum throughout entire year
- Funded by The Eva Longoria Foundation whose mission is to help Latinas build better futures for themselves and their families through education and entrepreneurship.
- For more information about the program, please contact Monica Reyna, Director of STEM, at 210.436.0686 or via email.
Check out our STEM girls at the 9t Annual RockIt to the Future STEM Festival! Click HERE to see the gallery of pics.