Character & Leadership Development
Education & Career Development
Sports, Fitness, & Recreation
Health & LIfe Skills
A Distinguished Record of Helping Students Succeed
The Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio (BGCSA) is proud to announce the availability of scholarships for the 2019 - 2020 school year to exiting high school senior and full-time undergraduate students. These scholarships are designed to assist Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio members to undertake academic study and/or vocational training at an accredited university, college, junior or community college, or vocational or trade school. These scholarships are available to BGCSA alumni through funds raised at the Annual Leadership for Education Wine Tasting.
BGCSA will consider applicants who meet the following criteria for the 2018 - 19 academic year:
• Regular membership with Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio for at least two years
• Current enrollment as a high school senior or full-time undergraduate student who has previously received a BGCSA scholarship (12 hours or more per term) student
• GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. or Canadian college/university
• May 7, 2019
A complete application requires the application, agreement, an essay (incoming freshmen), recommendation letters (incoming freshman), and an official transcript. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The award amount is based on cost of tuition, term length, and availability of funds. Incoming freshmen receive priority if funds are limited.
Selection will be based upon the following general criteria (not listed in order of importance):
• Length of BGCSA membership
• Financial Need
• Academic Performance
• Community Involvement
• For incoming freshmen, recommendation letters provided with complete scholarship application package.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio awards scholarships on the basis of merit and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status.
New Applicants must submit the following documents:
• A completed application – NEW APPLICANT FORM
• A completed Scholarship Agreement
• An official high school transcript showing 2.5 GPA or higher
• A 250-word essay explaining why you deserve this scholarship, describing your plans for higher education, and how this scholarship will help you to become a successful student.
• Submit a minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation; no more than one (1) personal and at least one (1) professional – from an employer, school faculty and/or Club staff.
• Copy of next semester class schedule showing full-time status (12 hours or more per term - upon registration)
Returning Applicants must submit the following documents:
• A completed application – CONTINUING APPLICANT FORM
• A completed scholarship agreement
• An official college transcript showing 2.5 GPA or higher
• Copy of next semester class schedule showing full-time status (12 hours or more per term)
All recipients will be required to submit a transcript report twice a year to the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio’s Administrative Services Office. These reports must be received by December and July respectively. The reports must include the student’s semester or final grades at the time and student ID number.
Should you have any questions or would like additional information, please email Davilin Hamel, Executive Assistant, via admin@BeGreatSA.org or call (210) 436-0686.
|BGCSA SCHOLARSHIP DOCUMENTS|
|SCHOLARSHIP DESCRIPTION||NEW APPLICANT FORM||CONTINUING APPLICANT FORM||SCHOLARSHIP AGREEMENT||RECOMMENDATION LETTER FORM|