Character & Leadership Development
Education & Career Development
Sports, Fitness, & Recreation
Health & LIfe Skills
Known as the Mind component of Triple Play, the Healthy Habits program is designed to incorporate healthy living and active learning in every part of the Club experience. From the gym to the learning center to the arts and crafts room, the central themes of good nutrition, regular physical activity and improving overall well-being are emphasized.
Boys & Girls Club members ages 6-18
Healthy Habits contains 10 step-by-step lessons for ages 6-8, 9-12 and 13-18. While the information in the teen lessons is appropriate for all teens, we recommend you convene your teens in groups of 13-15 and 16-18 year-olds to encourage better dynamics and discussions.
The lessons are as follows:
- My Pyramid is your Pyramid!
- Stamp out Portion Distortion!
- Eating for Energy Part 1: Power Your Body and Brain with Breakfast
- Eating for Energy Part 2: Snacking, Fluids and Fad Diets
- Pick Up on Produce: Fruits and Veggies
- Now We’re Cooking!
- Building Healthy Bones-and Teeth, Too
- Your Body-All Systems Go!
- Focus on the Food Environment
- From Home Eating Away